O-cymen-5-OL also called IPMP with Cas3228-02-2
O-cymen-5-ol is one important iso-cresol ingredients are used as cosmetic biocides/preservatives and/or fragrance ingredients. Its functions are anti-bacteria, anti-inflammation, Anti-ache, antiseptic. It is White crystal with melting point 112℃, boiling point 244℃. Solubility at room temperature were approximately: 36% in ethanol, methanol 65%, 50% isopropyl alcohol, butanol 32%, 65% acetone. Insoluble in water.
|Product name||O-Cymen-5-OL||Batch No.||JL20210305|
|Packing||25kgs/drum or 20kgs/drum||Analysis Date||Mar.05,2021|
Unilong Supply Super Quality Material for Health Care Lines
|Appearance||White powder or white needle crystalline powder||White powder|
|Identification||(1) Triturate sample with an equal amount of camphor; the mixture liquefles.
(2) Dissolve a small sample in 1ml of glacial acetic acid, add 6 drops of sulfuric acid and 1 drop of nitric acid; a red-brown color develops.
(3) To 1g sample add 5ml of a solution of sodium hydroxide (1→10) and heat on a water bath; a colorless or light yellow liquid is obtained. To this liquid add 2 to 3 drops of chloroform, while warm, and shake; a yellow-green color develops.
(4) The sample solution exhibits a maximum absorbance at the wavelength at 279+2 nm.
|Purity||(1) Clarity of solution dissolve 3.0g sample in 10ml of ethanol; the solution is clear.
(2) Organic impurities: TLC
(3) Heavy metals(Pb)≤10ppm
|Assay by HPLC||≥99.0%||99.83%|
|Conclusion||Confirm with Enterprise Standard|
1. Cosmetic: As Antiseptic, anti-bacterial, acne, stabilizer usage in facial cleaner, face cream, compact powder, body shower, hair care, perfume, toothpaste, eyeshadow, wipes ect.
2. Pharmaceuticals: Can be used to inhibit bacterial or fungal skin diseases, oral or anus disinfection
3. Medicine: as disinfectant for in oral disinfectant, mouthwash, shampoo, toothpaste ect.
4. Industry: as disinfectant in room, clothes.
Dosage: Suggested 0.1% (exact dosage should be subject to customer's finial product formulation).
Packed it in 25kgs drum and keep it away from light at a temperature below 25℃.